Our goals for CRITFC’s engagement proposal are outlined here, now we must assess them. Below are summative and formative assessments about each goal.
- To summatively assess goal #1, we would simply keep track of the number of attendees at each forum. We would then look to see if there is a growing number of attendees, and would consider our project successful if higher numbers present themselves.
- To formatively assess goal #1, we would evaluate what topics are being discussed, and how consistently they are being discussed. If we are seeing dropping numbers of attendees, we would analyze what’s being discussed, and discuss other relevant topics to bring to the table that would inspire others to want to attend the meetings.
- To summatively assess goal #2 we could survey the groups that attend the forum after the meeting to see how much information they took in. We would ask basic questions regarding how salmon and fishing is viewed by the tribes surrounding the Columbia River.
- To formatively assess goal #2 we would ensure that there is ample accessible online and in-person materials to educate those interested in understanding how salmon and fishing is viewed by the Tribes surrounding the Columbia River.
- To summatively assess goal #3 we would see if dams are being removed or not along the Columbia River.
- To formatively assess goal #3 We would discuss and edit what information is included in discussions regarding the education about the Tribe’s rights and reliance on fishing along the Columbia, and how dams are affecting their fishing. More discussions with CRITFC’s legal advisors would be part of this assessment too.