Faculty-directed student engagement, connecting environmental scholarship to people in a variety of settings. Identification and finalization of engagement opportunities; development of communication, cultural competency, and related skills; reflection on engagement experiences; and authoring and sharing of outcomes.
The best way to appreciate environmental engagement is to read how our students have reflected on it in a series of posts!…see a list of all student participants on this site so far, with links to their portfolios. Here is what they’ve done:
- We started with an overnight engagement reconnaissance trip…
- …then did a deep dive into four challenging themes of environmental engagement, including
- We also spent a good deal of time developing engagement partnerships as a basis for collaborative engagement projects.
- By spring break, students completed a reflection post.
- Following spring break, students began to work on engagement projects via
- Then they assembled these pieces into proposed engagement projects as their final outcomes for the semester.
- (And some students posted on environmental engagement and coronavirus for extra credit.)
Please contact the Lewis & Clark Environmental Studies Program if questions.